Waxing, plucking and shaving are the most popular hair removal methods. For some people, these are the only options available to them. However, if you have gotten tired of having to repeat the same procedure after every few days, you should consider going for laser hair removal at Guelph Medical Laser & Skin Centre.
Laser hair removal is favored by its proponents due to the fact that its results are near permanent. It is a procedure that involves the use of light to help destroy the follicles on your skin, leaving behind a lint-free area. The following are the benefits associated with this method of hair removal:
1. It Is Simple and Straightforward
Many people tend to feel intimidated whenever they come across the term laser hair removal. But the reality is that there is nothing to worry about as the process is very simple. According to skin care experts, what happens during this procedure is that the pigments in your hair follicle will pick up the energy being produced by the laser.
Once picked up, the energy is channeled to the root of your hairs, ensuring that the roots are destroyed completely. This, therefore, means that no hair will ever grow in that spot again. If it does grow back, it is much thinner and lighter.
2. There Are Three Primary Types of Lasers
According to beauty experts, there are three main types of lasers involved in hair removal. They include:
• Diode: deemed to be the most effective type of laser for people with skin that is light or dark.
• Alexandrite: the fastest type of laser, mainly used when there is a large portion of the skin that must be worked on. Beauty experts recommend it for use on patients who have olive or light complexions.
• Nd:YAG. This is a long pulse kind of laser. The laser can be used on people with all kinds of skin conditions or colors. However, it is not very effective on fine or light hair.
Here at Guelph Medical Laser & Skin Centre, we use the Diode laser to ensure people of any skin or hair color can be treated.
3. Laser Hair Removal Can Treat Virtually Anywhere
Although this procedure can be used on any hairy part of the body, it is mainly recommended for regions such as the underarms, the chin, lip and bikini regions. Our educated staff can let you know which other areas are treatable.
If you have any questions about laser hair removal, be sure to get in touch with Guelph Medical Laser & Skin Centre in Guelph, ON. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!